WINTER SOLSTICE RITUAL
Image by Hanna Postova, via Unsplash
Celebrating the shortest day of the year, Winter Solstice is when the moon rebirths the sun. The dark gives birth to the light.
There is much Goddess moon energy during this time, the Yin is strong, embrace this feminine energy and allow yourself to feel into it, talk to her, dance with her, hold her tightly in a beautiful warm embrace.
Reflect on where you've been, what's happening, how you feel. Reach deep within your soul, face the darkness and shadows, befriend this side of yourself and embrace and celebrate all that you are, all that you were, and all that you've done. Be discerning, stand in your sovereignty, and release and let go of the things that are holding you back and when you are ready, step into the light with renewed vigour, confidence and clarity. Give birth to yourself and your ideas, this is a new cycle, an opportunity to start again, to see things differently and dance among the trees, under the stars, beneath the moon and skip into the sun. Everything moves in cycles, you are not behind, you are not in front, there is no timeline or place you are supposed to be but here, exactly where you are in this very moment.
Winter Solstice bath ritual
- Run a bath, fill it with Epsom Salts, essential oils, fresh rosemary, rose petals and orange slices - or any flowers, fruits or herbs you resonate with. I love rosemary for its emotional healing benefits - it helps you move through change, trust in the process and gain perspective. Rose is the highest vibrational plant there is and it helps you connect with divine love. Orange inspires abundance and positivity, it helps you release scarcity and know that there is enough for everyone.
- Light some candles, put on an oil diffuser, set some crystals around - I like to use Clear Quartz and Moonstone for Winter Solstice. Citrine is also great for calling in abundance, prosperity, confidence and clarity.
- Sacred smudging ritual using white sage, Palo Santo, or a rosemary and lavender bundle. Before you hop into the bath smudge yourself and the room, holding your intention for the things you wish to release and the things you wish to call in to your life.
- Immerse yourself in the water, and let it wash away any negative thoughts and limiting beliefs, cleanse and purify your body, mind and soul. Acknowledging these negative thoughts helps you release them to the universe, write them on a piece of paper if you wish for a burning ceremony (details below).
- Honour your journey, offer any fears to the moon and the stars, harness the Yin power to focus on your intentions for the next cycle and phase of your life. Give birth to your ideas - write them down if you like, in a journal or on a piece of paper.
- Once you've finished your bath, drain the water and collect the leftover herbs, fruit and flowers. Take them outside and place them in a garden under the moon, offer them to the earth. I like to take a warm cup of sacred Cacao with me when I head out to the moonlight.
- If you wrote your negative thoughts down, you may wish to burn them and release them to the moon, freeing yourself from the things holding your back. Thank them for showing you what you don't want, what doesn't serve you, so you can see your path with clarity and focus. Bid them farewell and imagine yourself being set free as the smoke wafts away, effortlessly and with ease.
- If you wrote your intentions on a piece of paper, bury them in the earth, or fold the paper up and place it under a lit candle (make sure it's in a heat safe space). Close your eyes, and imagine yourself already having the things you desire. When you are ready (take as long as your need), cover the paper with dirt and place the herbs on the top, or blow out the candle, leaving the paper under the candle while you work with your intention over the coming days, weeks, months.
If you don't have a bath, you can perform this ritual in the shower - use a few drops of Rosemary essential oil to drop around the edges of the shower so you can breathe it in when you get under the water. Allow the water to wash over you, cleansing and purifying your thoughts.
We are all divinely connected to the earth, the sun, the moon and the stars. This is a special time to create, dream, inspire and believe. You are capable of great things. Allow yourself to believe in them, allow your ego self to believe in you (your higher consciousness already does).
Sending you love and blessings.
Love, Mia xx